Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 pro rata
20 Hours per week
With funding from The National Lottery ‘Reaching Communities Fund’, we are setting up a new initiative to help parents with mental health conditions to develop parenting skills, increase their resilience, reduce isolation and engage within their community.
The role will involve recruiting, training and supporting volunteers, developing and enhancing the direct support offered to families and liaising with health care professionals.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- Parenting experience and an understanding of the needs of children and families.
- Experience of working in adult mental health.
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Experience of delivering training together with a knowledge of IT and a willingness to access training
- The ability to work on their own initiative in a challenging environment A relevant qualification and experience of working with vulnerable families is essential.
Additional requirements include knowledge of the voluntary sector, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a valid driving licence.
As we support families across Rushmoor and Hart the use of own car is essential and expenses will be paid.
A DBS check (enhanced level) will be required
Closing date: noon 12th July 2017
Interview date: 20th & 21st July 2017
Please phone or email to request an application pack
For an application pack:
Tel: 01252 398530 (Kay)
For an informal discussion
Tel: 01252 398530 (Amanda or Rachel)
Registered charity No. 1153129
Registered in England and Wales 8527277
Home-Start Rushmoor & Hart is committed to equality and diversity and to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.